The Altrusa International Club of Muncie, IN, Inc. serves the community through projects that provide support to people in need in Muncie and Delaware County. The Club contributes to the International Altrusa Foundation in support of its programs to eliminate illiteracy. Locally, our club participates in literacy, youth development, and family support related projects. The Club offers financial support to a variety of philanthropic projects.
- January 24th– 9:00am at Old National Bank: Packing Sack Lunches for Soup Kitchen
- March 10th– Noon at Minnetrista: Snack Attack for Spring Break
- April 25th– 9:00am at Old National Bank: Packing Sack Lunches for Soup Kitchen
- Ongoing: Assembling no-sew blankets for Little Red Door Cancer Agency
- Make A Difference Day – in honor of the national Make a Difference Day, the Altrusa International Club of Muncie, IN , Inc. develops a specific project.
- Essay Contest – Fourth grade students throughout Delaware County are invited to write an essay related to literacy. Essays are judged and winners are announced at a luncheon. (Cancelled in 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic)
- Little Free Libraries – Altrusa International Club of Muncie, IN sponsors several little free libraries across Delaware County.
- Hygiene Items – Throughout the year, the service committee will continue to collect hygiene items. If you would like to contribute, items may be given to any member of the service committee.